News and updates on the women’s basketball 2022 recruiting class: offers, commitments, decommitments, unofficial visits, recruiting updates from news sites and other sources, etc. Items are listed in reverse chronological order. See also:
Some offers reported in early April for 2022 women’s basketball prospects:
- Ryanne Allen, 6-0 W, Archbishop Wood HS (Warminster, PA): Princeton
- Kennedy Basham, 6-6 C, Pinnacle HS (Phoenix, AZ): Georgetown
- Kennedy Clifton, 5-11 G/W, Bishop Ireton HS (Alexandria, VA): George Washington
- Whitney Dunn, 5-9 G, Kenwood Academy (Chicago, IL): Southern Illinois
- Brooke Highmark, 5-8 G, Westminster Christian Academy (St. Louis, MO): Southern Illinois
- Katie Krupa, 6-0 F, Morton HS (IL): UAB
- Masyn Marchbanks, 5-8 PG, Hartselle HS (AL): UAB
- Mikayla Parks, 5-8 CG, Norman HS (OK): Texas Tech
- Ayanna Patterson, 6-3 W, Homestead HS (Fort Wayne, IN): Baylor
- Lilly Stoddard, 6-4 C, Crown Point HS (IN): Arizona State
Antonia Bates, 6-0 G, Notre Dame Green Pond HS (Easton, PA): announced her commitment to Rutgers, their first 2022 commit.
“I wanted to commit early because, for one thing, I don’t think there will be a school more to my liking than Rutgers,” said Bates, who was also pursued by Penn State, Virginia Tech, Hofstra, Lafayette, Seton Hall and Maryland. “Plus, there’s no more calling coaches or worrying about where I’ll play.”
Another article on her commitment.
“To be able to say you get to play under Coach Stringer is honestly a blessing,” Bates said. “To see what she has done for women’s basketball and as a person is amazing. She is one of the best coaches to ever coach and I could not be more excited and prouder to be able to say I get to be a part of it.”