High School: McDonogh School (Owings Mills, MD)
Recruiting Status: Verbally committed to Stanford.
Notes: member of the 2022 USA Basketball Women’s U17 National Team
Recruiting Summary for Kennedy Umeh
offers in 2021:
- May: Boston College (first offer)
- June: Georgetown, Maryland, Northeastern
- July: Michigan, Michigan State, North Carolina, Penn, Penn State, Pitt
- August: George Washington, Ohio State, Old Dominion
- September: Alabama, Clemson, George Mason, Mississippi State
- October: Marquette, Northwestern
offers in 2022:
- April: DePaul, Georgia Tech, Harvard, South Carolina
- May: Columbia, Florida, Princeton, Vanderbilt, West Virginia
August 7, 2023: committed to Stanford
McDonogh’s Kennedy Umeh patiently awaits her return to the court (Baltimore Banner, 11/22/2022)
More than 50 colleges, including all the big-time programs have shown interest and she has received offers from the likes of Maryland, North Carolina, Michigan, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Louisville, Penn, Northwestern, Marquette, Harvard, Penn State, Boston College, Georgetown, Columbia and Virginia among others. UConn, Duke and Stanford also have shown interest. . . .
Now, let’s move on to what Umeh does in the classroom because it’s equally impressive. She had a 4.3 weighted grade-point average last year and Umeh said she is on course for a similar number this year.
Now, go back and take a look at the list of colleges that are chasing her. Not every top player is cut out for the Ivy League, but Penn, Harvard and Columbia believe Umeh is. It’s the same with programs such as Georgetown, Notre Dame and Virginia that are known as much for their academics as well as their athletics.