High School: Princeton (Cincinnati, OH)
Recruiting Status: Verbally committed to Louisville.
Recruiting Summary for Solè Williams
offers in 2020:
- January: Akron (first offer), Cincinnati, Marquette, Michigan State, Ohio State
- February: Penn State
- June: Arizona, Florida, Pitt, Xavier
- July: Alabama, UCLA, Dayton, Illinois, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Michigan, Mississippi State, Syracuse, Tennessee, West Virginia
- August: North Carolina
- September: Clemson, Rutgers
- November: NC State
offers in 2021:
- May: Minnesota, Oklahoma
- June: Georgia
- July: Florida State, Kansas State, Ole Miss, Oklahoma State, Virginia Tech, Wisconsin
- September: Eastern Kentucky
April 8, 2022: committed to Louisville
Princeton girls basketball racking up wins despite not being at full strength (Cincinnati Enquirer, 7/31/2020)
They’ve also played without sophomore Sole Williams, the team’s top scorer last season as a freshman at 11.8 points per game. Williams hopes to return soon from an ankle injury. . . .
“I knew my time was going to come because I was really dedicated to the game,” Williams said. “I sacrifice a lot of my time.”
When she hits the floor, Williams will add another wrinkle to Princeton’s offense with her ability to get to the basket and get her teammates involved. For Phillips, who coached the WNBA’s Kelsey Mitchell, there are some competitive similarities.
“She’s always in the gym and wants to get better,” Phillips said. “She’s a great kid. She takes everything in stride. She just wants to keep working and be the best she can be.”