Head Coach: LaTanya Collins (interim for the 2021-22 season)
Unofficial Scholarship Chart
Note: The NCAA has granted an extra year of eligibility to 2020-21 D-I winter sports athletes (including women’s basketball players). Programs will be allowed to exceed the 15-scholarship limit for the 2021-22 season only (and only for their own returning players). Until there is definitive word that a player will be taking advantage of this extra year, the WBB Blog scholarship charts will not reflect this extra eligibility.
- January 2021: season is ended early after allegations of abuse are raised against head coach AnnMarie Gilbert
- January–May 2021 portal entrants: Annika Corcoran (to Akron), Bridgid Fox (to Eastern Kentucky), Cierra Harrison, Sammiyah Hoskin (to North Dakota), Markyia McCormick, Abbie McDowell (to Purdue Northwest [D-II]), Maxine Moore, Maddie Puletti, Aly Reiff (grad xfer; decided to quit basketball and enter job market), Jiera Shears, Sylare Starks (to Purdue Fort Wayne), and Kaela Webb (to Florida Gulf Coast)
- April 2021: UDM announces that AnnMarie Gilbert will remain head coach following a review of the abuse allegations
- May 2021: Louisiana Tech transfer Irene Murua commits to UDM
- May 2021: three 2021 prospects commit to UDM—Akyia Baker, Sonia Pereda, and Emma Trawally
- June 2021: assistant coach LaTanya Collins is promoted to interim head coach for the 2021-22 season, replacing AnnMarie Gilbert
2021 Detroit Mercy Women’s Basketball Commitments
Akyia Baker, 5-8 PG, St. Thomas Aquinas HS (Edison, NJ) [committed 5/30/2021]
Taylor Blunt, 5-7 CG, Peddie School (Hightstown, NJ) [committed 10/31/2020; signed November 2020]
Sonia Pereda, 5-7 PG, Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain [committed 5/19/2021]
Emma Trawally, 6-1 F, Barcelona, Spain [committed 5/21/2021]
See next page for 2022 commitments and targets for Detroit Mercy women’s basketball
Disclaimers: The roster information, offers, and commitments are all unofficial. Offers come and go, so some offers listed may no longer be on the table, and some offers are erroneously reported. In addition, the target lists are inevitably incomplete because offers are not publicly reported for many prospects.