High School: Homestead (Fort Wayne, IN)
Recruiting Status: Signed with UConn [press release]
Notes: Her brother, Andre Patterson Jr., played basketball at UCLA and Tennessee, 2001–2006. Their father played at New Mexico State, 1983–1985.
Recruiting Summary for Ayanna Patterson
offers in 2017: Indiana (first offer), Purdue
offers in 2018:
- April: Clemson, Florida, Illinois, Louisville, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State
- May: Pitt
- July: DePaul, Iowa
- August: Florida State, Georgia, NC State, South Carolina, Syracuse
- September: Tennessee (previous staff), West Virginia
offers in 2019:
- February: Kentucky and Temple are mentioned as having offered in an article this month
offers in 2020:
- February: Texas Tech
- March: Penn State
- April: Baylor, Georgia Tech, UCLA, Mississippi State, North Carolina, Notre Dame
- May: LSU, Marquette, Tennessee (current staff)
- June: Arizona, Arizona State, Ole Miss, Southern Cal
- July: Alabama, Arkansas, UConn, Maryland, Minnesota, Texas, Xavier
- August: Duke, Oregon
- September: Texas A&M, Virginia
March 5, 2021: announced five finalists: UCLA, UConn, Indiana, Louisville, Notre Dame
March 20, 2021: committed to UConn
Ayanna Patterson continuing to pick up offers from powerhouse programs (WFFT, 6/3/2020)
Patterson, who ESPN ranks as the third-best player in the nation in the class of 2022, says she has no timetable on her decision.
Homestead sophomore has her father to thank for her love of basketball (WPTA, 12/27/2019)
“I just push to be better than him, he always wants me to be better than my brother, be better than him. So I mean I just see it as bettering myself,” Ayanna said.
Indiana girls basketball’s next big thing has “only begun to scratch the surface” (IndyStar, 2/8/2019)
Motivation has never been an issue for Ayanna. Her father remembers her working on two-ball dribbling through the house at a young age.
“She is a lot more self-motivated than her brother was,” Andre Patterson Sr. said. “Her work ethic is off the charts. She’s always asking me, ‘Can we go to the gym and shoot? I need to get up some shots.’ And I’m happy to just chase the balls around. I don’t have to be the one trying to force her to do it.”
Leave a Reply