High School: IMG Academy (Bradenton, FL)
Recruiting Status: Verbally committed to Virginia.
Notes: attended Louisa County HS (Mineral, VA) prior to senior year
Recruiting Summary for Olivia McGhee
offers in 2020:
- January: Virginia (first offer), James Madison, Virginia Tech
- February: Boston College, North Carolina Central
- April: Pitt, William & Mary
- May: Ole Miss, Vanderbilt, VCU
- June: Arizona, Bethune-Cookman, Utah State
- July: Buffalo, East Carolina, Georgetown, Grambling State, Hampton, Maryland
- August: Florida Atlantic, North Carolina, West Virginia
- September: Old Dominion
- October: Tennessee State
- November: NC State, Norfolk State
offers in 2021:
- April: Clemson, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Northeastern, Rutgers, Tennessee
- May: Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, Michigan
- July: Penn State
January 1, 2022: announced top 11 schools—Arizona, Georgia, Kentucky, Ole Miss, North Carolina, NC State, Penn State, Tennessee, Virginia, Virginia Tech, West Virginia
March 2022 offer: Mississippi State
March 29, 2022: completely reopened recruitment
April 2022 offers: Arizona State, Northwestern, Oregon
June 2022 official visits: Kentucky, Virginia, Virginia Tech
June 30, 2022: committed to Virginia
Girls’ basketball state title only leaves Louisa’s McGhee hungry for more (Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star, 3/29/2021)
The Division I prospect with 27 scholarship offers has dominated since she arrived in high school in 2019.
This past season, she averaged 22.8 points per game, 11.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists, 3.2 steals and 1.4 blocks as she helped lead the Lions to the state championship and earn Free Lance-Star player of the year honors.
As soon as the season ended, McGhee returned to the gym to work on her outside shot and improve her decision-making because she’s already planning for an encore against what she hopes is a full 2022 slate in Class 4.
“There are some people, even in Louisa, saying we won states but it really shouldn’t count because we didn’t get to play the full [Class 4] or whatever,” McGhee said. “But I feel like we can compete with anybody in the state in my opinion. So we’re ready.”
Leave a Reply