News and updates on the women’s basketball 2021 recruiting class: offers, commitments, decommitments, unofficial visits, recruiting updates from news sites and other sources, etc. Items listed in reverse chronological order. See also:
- 2021 Women’s Basketball Commitments
- Finalists Tracker for the 2021 Women’s Basketball Recruiting Class
- 2021 prospect pages
More offers reported during April (some of which may no longer be on the table):
- Alyssa Brown, 6-2 F, Sahuaro HS (Tucson, AZ): UNLV, UTEP
- Bethany Dillard, 5-9 SG, Central Arkansas Christian HS (North Little Rock, AR): Abilene Christian, UT Martin, Tennessee Tech
- Kaiden Glenn, 5-11 W, Ann Arbor Huron HS (MI): Austin Peay
- Carmyn Harrison, 6-3 C, Hutchison School (Memphis, TN): Texas Tech
- Zoe Jackson, 5-7 G, Allen HS (TX): UNCG
- Sofie Lowis, 5-8 PG, Sacred Heart–Griffin HS (Springfield, IL): Army
- Addison Martin, 6-1 F, Captain Shreve HS (Shreveport, LA): Southeastern Louisiana
- Asha Parker, 6-2 F/C, Hamden Hall Country Day School (CT): Delaware, UMass Lowell
- Kennedi Perkins, 5-5 PG, Bolingbrook HS (IL): UAB
- Diona Reed, 6-4 C, Briarcrest Christian School (Eads, TN): Oklahoma State
Landyn Owens, 5-8 G, Ada HS (OK): committed to Hartford (America East).
Owens said she’s loved everything about the University of Hartford and its women’s basketball program since she began visiting with head coach Morgan Valley last summer. Plus, that’s one worry Owens can put behind her.
“It was kind of a quick decision, but it was the right fit,” Owens told The Ada News over the weekend. “This is going to take so much stress off me. My senior season, I don’t have to worry about coaches looking at me. All I have to worry about is winning a state championship.”
Oregon State, Stanford and Iowa made Kampschroeder’s final list.
“It was a tough process, and it was pretty stressful these past two months,” Kampschroeder said. “I had to get every bit of information I needed to make this decision.
“I talked to the academic advisers, talked to the coaches several times. I was like, ‘OK, where can I be successful on the court and in the classroom and have a good time and enjoy my four years?’ ”
All three schools showed strong interest. Oregon State coach Scott Rueck came to an open gym, and assistant Katie Faulkner attended several Naperville North games.
“I’ve known the Iowa coaches since I was in eighth grade, so I had a really good relationship with them,” Kampschroeder said. “But Oregon State, I had a really strong connection with them. I feel at Oregon State we can be really successful, possibly win a Pac-12 championship or a national championship.”
Sydney Boone, 5-7 PG, Highland Springs HS (VA): committed to Richmond (A-10).
Boone had offers from eight programs, including capital city rival VCU, and said that Richmond checked the most boxes for her: high-quality education, proximity to home and a team with which she could see herself playing.
“When I made my visit, I met some of the players and went to classes with them, and I ended up really liking it,” Boone said. “I could just see myself with them. The coaching staff was great, I could tell they really wanted me to be there.”
Offers reported during early to mid-April (some of the offers may no longer be on the table):
- Caprice Augustine, 6-2 F, Ypsilanti HS (MI): Omaha
- Aja Austin, 6-0 C, Westerville South HS (OH): Omaha
- Kelby Bannerman, 6-1 W, Hampshire HS (IL): Air Force, Penn
- Makaiya Brooks, 5-9 G, Central HS (Springfield, MO): Grand Canyon
- Taylor Cullinan, 6-3 F, North Paulding HS (Dallas, GA): Air Force, Quinnipiac
- Quinzia Fulmore, 6-3 C, Dudley HS (Greensboro, NC): Towson
- Kate Gilbert, 5-10 W, Mountain Home HS (AR): Abilene Christian, Arkansas–Fort Smith (D-II), Charleston, Drury (D-II), Jacksonville State, Montana, UT Martin
- Skyler Gill, 5-10 W, Hardin County HS (Savannah, TN): Tennessee Tech
- Isabella “Izzy” Higginbottom, 5-8 G, Batesville HS (AR): Grand Canyon, Oklahoma
- Daeja Johnson, 5-9 G, Casteel HS (Queen Creek, AZ): Cornell
- Isabella King, 6-0 W, Bedford HS (NH): Lafayette
- Olivia Koontz, 6-3 F/C, Signal Mountain HS (TN): UNC Asheville
- Grace LaBarge, 6-3 W, Fremd HS (Palatine, IL): Indiana State
- Logan Lewis, 5-8 SG, West Bloomfield HS (MI): IUPUI, Omaha
- Madison Magee, 6-2 F, Westview HS (Avondale, AZ): Cornell
- Bridget Mullings, 6-2 F, Bella Vista College Prep (Scottsdale, AZ): Delaware
- Grace Oken, 5-5 PG, Perry HS (Gilbert, AZ): Cornell
- Sammy Opichka, 5-11 G, Notre Dame Academy (Green Bay, WI): Colgate
- Alyssa Parmer, 5-8 PG, Putnam City West HS (Oklahoma City, OK): Austin Peay
- Jasmine Shavers, 5-10 G, Mesquite Horn HS (TX): Mississippi State, Rutgers
- Ally Stedman, 5-9 PG, Pinnacle HS (Phoenix, AZ): Delaware, Georgetown, Penn, Santa Clara
- Trinity Thompson, 6-0 F, Michigan City HS (Gary, IN): Indiana State, IUPUI
- Bre’yon White, 6-0 W, Shadow Creek HS (Pearland, TX): Cincinnati, Tulane, Tulsa
- Maya Whiteside, 6-0 SG/W, George Washington HS (Denver, CO): Long Island University