Lauren Ware, 6-5 C, Bismarck Century HS (ND): Ranked in the top 40 in the 2020 class, Ware recently took her first official visit, to Nebraska. According to this feature, she’s undecided on her other officials. She’s looking to play both basketball and volleyball in college. In early April she announced her top 10 schools: Arizona, Arizona State, Florida, Iowa, LSU, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina State, Oregon, and Texas.
Ware said she wants to play basketball and volleyball in college, and coaches at the schools recruiting her say they’re on board. Two weeks ago, she took her first official visit, to Nebraska, and she had breakfast with the Nebraska basketball and volleyball coaches.
After breakfast, she toured the volleyball facilities with coach John Cook, who has led Nebraska to four volleyball national titles. Then she visited the basketball facilities with South Dakota native and Cornhuskers basketball coach Amy Williams.
Ware, who has yet to decide on the other colleges that will get her four remaining official visits, said she’s grateful for the opportunity to play both sports.
Tyler Jackson, 5-8 G, Allen HS (TX): committed to Fresno State (MW), their first 2020 commit.
Maggie Brown, 6-1 W, Brentwood Academy (TN): committed to Lehigh (Patriot League). The Mountain Hawks one prior 2020 commit: Mackenzie Kramer, 5-8 G, St. Michael-Albertville HS (MN).
Baylee Teal, 5-6 PG, Penfield HS (NY): committed to Fordham (A-10), their first 2020 commit.
Vanessa Laumbach, 6-1 F/C, Woodbridge HS (VA): committed to George Mason (A-10), their first 2020 commit.
Emily Counsel, 6-3 F, Perth, Western Australia: committed to Denver (Summit). The Pioneers have one previous 2020 commit: Rowan Hein, 5-10 G, Clovis North HS (Fresno, CA).
Roundup of Early May Offers, Part 2
Includes players who received offers in early May, while also listing any offers reported for them in late April to cover all that arose from the April 26–28 evaluation period.
- Kylee Blacksten, 6-3 W, Air Academy (CO): Boise State, Kansas State
- Genesis Bryant, 5-7 PG, Lovejoy HS (GA): Dayton, East Carolina, Georgetown, Houston
- Shy Christopher, 5-7 G, Jacksonville HS (AR): Georgetown, Southeast Missouri
- Sierra Dickson, 5-7 G, Hebron HS (Carrollton, TX): Seton Hall (first offer)
- Gabrielle “Gabby” Elliott, 6-0 W, Detroit Edison Academy (MI): West Virginia
- Madison Hayes, 6-0 G, East Hamilton HS (Ooltewah, TN): Tennessee
- Tamia Jones, 5-7 G, The Colony HS (TX): Little Rock, Tulane
- Nicole Leff, 6-1 C, Cedar Park HS (TX): Fairfield
- Alexis Mark, 5-10 W, Sierra Canyon HS (Chatsworth, CA): Boise State
- Cheyenne McEvans, 5-8 G, Southfield A&T HS (MI): Buffalo
- Aaliyah McQueen, 5-8 G, Flint Carman-Ainsworth HS (MI): Hampton
- Emily Jarrell, 6-2 F, Seminole HS (Sanford, FL): Brown (first offer), Utah State
- Elise Stuck, 6-1 W, Charlevoix HS (MI): Toledo
- Ash’a Thompson, 5-11 W, DeSoto HS (TX): Little Rock, Southern Miss
Kylee Watson, 6-4 F, Mainland Regional HS (Linwood, NJ): In this interview, Watson says she’s “about to take an official visit to UCLA” and that she has an official scheduled at Notre Dame in June. She already took an official to Oregon in late April.
Watson says there are other (unnamed) schools still in the mix, but she doesn’t have any other visits planned. She wants to make her decision before the July evaluation period.