Coverage of the women’s basketball 2020 recruiting class: offers, commitments, decommitments, official and unofficial visits, recruiting updates from news sites and other sources, etc. Items listed in reverse chronological order.
Zoesha Smith, 5-11 F, Glynn Academy (Brunswick, GA): The Brunswick News provides coverage of Smtih’s recent commitment to Georgia.
Georgia was just one of the team’s to offer Smith in recent days as invitations from Pittsburgh, East Carolina and Miami pushed her number of Division I offers to over 15.
But the Bulldogs have been in hot pursuit of the rising senior for a while now. Georgia saw Smith in April at a camp in Birmingham, Ala., and the Terrors took their team up to Athens to compete in Georgia’s elite camp in early June, where they went 6-0.
“They just kept texting me and following me throughout the summer with AAU, coming to my games and stuff,” Smith said.
Seven more prospects have been added to the 2020 Recruiting Summaries page, all with recently reported offers.
- Faith Blackstone (NC)
- Zaria DeMember-Shazer (NY)
- Jessika Evans (OK)
- Sydney McQuietor (TX)
- Anna Ostlie (AZ)
- Daejah Phillips (NV)
- Sydney Watkins (IN)
Olivia Rockwood, 5-6 G, Windsor HS (VT): committed to Maine (America East), their second commitment in as many days.
Olivia Rockwood’s top choice for her next destination, University of Maine, was also the first college to offer the Windsor High School star a scholarship spot.
Maine wanted Rockwood. And the feeling was mutual for Rockwood. There was just one more obvious step to make.
“Why wait to commit if that’s where I want to go? Rockwood said.
Post–Evaluation Period (July 6-12) Offers Reported, Part 2
- Cierra Bell, 5-6 G, Hampton HS (VA): Gardner-Webb
- Jenae Dublin, 6-2 W, Gwynn Park HS (Brandywine, MD): Merrimack, Radford
- Trinity Duckworth, 5-5 PG, Hillcrest HS (Country Club Hills, IL): Akron
- Alia Denwiddie, 5-8 SG, Woodbridge HS (VA): Grambling State
- Anabel Ellison, 5-8 CG, Tarpon Springs HS (FL): Tampa (D-II)
- Landri Hudson, 5-9 G, Grandview HS (Aurora, CO): Wyoming
- J’Mani Ingram, 5-7 G, North Augusta HS (SC): North Carolina Central
- Bri Johns, 5-10 W, Edison HS (Alexandria, VA): Merrimack
- Kaylee Nero, 6-1 F/C, Edmond Santa Fe HS (OK): St. Peter’s
- Christina Nichols, 5-10 CG, Arlington HS (TN): Cal State Bakersfield (first offer)
- Evey Peplowski, 6-1 F/C, Williamston HS (MI): Denver
- Brali Simmons, 5-6 G, St. Agnes Academy (Memphis, TN): Eastern Kentucky, North Alabama
- Liz Smith, 5-8 PG, IMG Academy (FL): Pacific
- Lauren Sullivan, 6-0 G, Lake Norman HS (Mooresville, NC): Charleston Southern
- Daija Tyson, 5-3 PG, Detroit Edison Academy (MI): Bradley
- Makira Webster, 5-7 G, Kettering Fairmont HS (OH): East Carolina