Coverage of the women’s basketball 2022 recruiting class: offers, commitments, decommitments, unofficial visits, recruiting updates from news sites and other sources, etc. Items listed in reverse chronological order.
Nineteen prospects from the 2022 recruiting class are among the thirty-three invitees to the May 23-27 trials for the 2019 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team.
Nineteen are from the high school class of 2022, including: Janiah Barker (Tampa Bay Tech H.S./Panama City, Fla.), Lauren Betts (Grandview H.S./Centennial, Colo.), Shay Bollin (Bridgewater-Raynham Regional H.S./Raynham, Mass.), Sydney Bowles (Woodward Academy/Lithonia, Ga.), KK Bransford (Mount Notre Dame H.S./Cincinnati, Ohio), Ysabella Fontleroy (Kickapoo H.S./Springfield, Mo.), Timea Gardiner (Fremont H.S./Ogden, Utah), Aaliyah Gayles (Spring Valley H.S./Las Vegas, Nev.), Jennah Isai (Valley Vista H.S./Surprise, Ariz.), Ashlon Jackson (Hardin Jefferson H.S./China, Texas), Camille Jackson (Butler College Prep/Chicago, Ill.), Londynn Jones (Santiago H.S./Riverside, Calif.), Caroline Lau (St. Luke’s School/Westport. Conn.), Maya Nnaji (Hopkins H.S./Lakeville, Minn.), Ayanna Patterson (Homestead H.S./Fort Wayne, Ind.), Kiki Rice (Sidwell Friends School/Bethesda, Md.), Grace VanSlooten (Notre Dame Academy/Toledo, Ohio), Ashlyn Watkins (Cardinal Newman School /Columbia, S.C.) and Amauri Williams (North Little Rock H.S./North Little Rock, Ark.).
Roundup of Early May Offers
Includes players who received offers in early May, while also listing any offers reported for them in late April to cover all that arose from the April 26–28 evaluation period.
- Kennedy Basham, 6-6 C, Pinnacle HS (Phoenix, AZ): Vanderbilt
- Sierra Bentley, 6-1 W, Watkinson HS (Hartford, CT): Boston College
- Shay Bollin, 6-2 F, Bridgewater-Raynham HS (MA): Arizona, East Carolina, Kansas, Michigan, Vanderbilt
- Amaya Bonner, 5-11 G, Bishop O’Dowd HS (Oakland, CA): Cal, Cincinnati
- Kennedy Fauntleroy, 5-8 PG, Rock Creek Christian Academy (Upper Marlboro, MD): Rutgers
- Jayla Hearp, 5-3 G, Hampton HS (VA): Old Dominion, Virginia Tech
- Nakiyah Hurst, 5-10 W, Milwaukee Academy of Science (WI): Tennessee State (first D-I offer)
- Christeen Iwuala, 6-3 C, San Antonio Reagan HS (TX): TCU
- Darianna Littlepage-Buggs, 6-0 G/W, Classen School of Advanced Studies (Oklahoma City, OK): Arkansas, Tulsa
- Maddie Millar, 5-8 G, Bishop Kenny HS (Jacksonville, FL): Indiana, South Florida
- Maya Nnaji, 6-3 F, Hopkins HS (Minnetonka, MN): Clemson
- Debreasha Powe, 6-0 W, Lamar School (Meridian, MS): Vanderbilt
- Simone Sawyer, 5-10 G, Stevenson HS (Lincolnshire, IL): Saint Louis Univ.
- Karly Weathers, 5-9 G, Loretto HS (TN): Indiana, Iowa State, Middle Tennessee, South Florida, Vanderbilt
- Ruby Whitehorn, 5-10 G, Detroit Edison Academy (MI): Marquette, Xavier
- Amauri Williams, 6-3 C, North Little Rock HS (AR): Boston College, LSU
Saniyah Neverson, 5-11 F, Valley Vista HS (Surprise, AZ): landed an offer from Hartford.
Vanessa Polk, 6-3 F, John Burroughs School (St. Louis, MO): picked up an offer from Clemson.
Lazaria Spearman, 6-2 F, Dacula HS (GA): received offers from Florida and Florida State.
Kam’Ren Rhodes, 5-5 PG, Sabino HS (Tucson, AZ): was offered by UNLV.
Brianna McDaniel, 5-11 G, Kenwood Academy (Chicago, IL): latest offers are from Illinois State and Marquette.